- 1/2 pound of potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 16 ounces of spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 small mushroom basket
- 8-12 oz. of your favorite shredded cheese blend
- Salt, pepper, and paprika
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Lightly grease a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie dish with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Toss potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Press into an even layer in pie dish, up the sides like a crust. Bake until golden brown at the edges and dry, about 20 minutes. Let cool
- Decrease oven heat to 350 F
- Melt butter over medium heat in medium skillet. Add garlic and onion and saute about 7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, spinach, and cheese. Add salt, paprika, pepper to taste.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in medium bowl. Add salt
and pepper to taste. Pour into pie dish
- Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake 35 to 40 minutes more, or until set.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.